Feb 13, 2007

Satan is under my feet.









There's a song, from back in the day at MAG. Sometimes PR sings it, but never with the gusto that Carol Kiel did. Anyway - the words are "He's under my feet, he's under my feet, Satan is under my feet!"
This is how I feel today. Except in modern day language - he's all up in my grill! Driving me crazy. I think we are experiencing a ton of spiritual warfare because we've just made this huge decision to home school. Makes me wonder why satan wants Eli in public so bad - but maybe deep down I know.
Anyhoo, Sarah is on my list. I think that the enemy of my soul can use her because she's not a christian yet. Can't tell you how many times Rob and I've looked at her and said "Sarah, you need to get saved!" I think I've even heard Eli say it! Today she has found trouble round every turn. Inventing new ways to sin. I'm going to tell you this, only because it is quite possibly the grossest thing I've seen in all my born days. I was on the phone with a homeschool mom, just asking a few more questions. I noticed that Sarah had number two-ed. I said my goodbyes and hung up. My plan was to bundle these kids up and let them play in the snow, wear em out, give 'em baths and get them ready for bed right after supper. (I know I'm cruel, but we all missed three crucial hours of sleep last night) So, I go to pick up Sarah and notice these birds outside our window, so cute. I literally run back to my office, grab my camera and take ONE photo before my excitement scares them off. I set the camera on the desk and notice that Sarah's hands are all brown.
Yep, you guessed it. She'd reached into her pants (like it was a back pocket), pulled out a lump of fecal matter and started playing with it as though it were playdoh. Seriously, her fingers were caked (that stuff dries fast!) and she had it on a student loan about to go into the mail, all over my desktop (don't worry, I've lysoled and re-lysoled since then) and all over her clothes. It's all I can do to keep from going ballistic on her. Remaining calm I scurry her off to the tub. So, a bath and a hair dry later we did finally get outside to enjoy the snow. Only because I am so determined to get a full night's sleep this evening!
I have turkey rice soup in the crockpot and a loaf of bread in the oven. Ready for a lazy evening with my hubby, cozied up in a heated throw. So sad, worship practice was postponed tonight. (awww...) Now, we'll just have to see about MOPs in the morning. ;)
Oh, and it is that bad here, while we were playing in the front yard we watched two trucks collide at the intersection. Not pretty. So glad I get to stay home and not go anywhere in weather like this!

No comments: