Oct 26, 2007

the Children's Musuem










Last night was interesting. We get there, and apparently it's not just our elementary as it's supposed to be. Another school in Houston got to come, so our 500 plus their 500 and it was pretty intense. I had to fight down some feelings of claustrophobia and it was nearly impossible to enjoy ourselves at first, but then the other Houston school left and we stayed a bit later and then it was fun. Highlights?? Watching the kids milk the cow. That was hilarious! Sarah was enthralled with the store. We are going to have to go back and let her really play some time. I also *loved* this giant robot made entirely of phones! It was so retro-hip! Oh, and it isn't every day that you see the Darhma van!! ;) (if you are cool you will know what that means, otherwise you need to brush up on your CBS shows) And last but not least, Sarah painted my face. At first I told her no, and then I thought, why not?? That is a big step for me. Overall, when we got over the insanity and the 3 hours on a cold bus (who runs the air in October when it's 55 degrees out? - Crazy Texans, that's who!) it was a fun evening.

No comments: