Oct 16, 2007

the Cost of a New Youth Room




Ok, so yep, the church has sunk a ton of money into this project. And then you have to factor in all the time that Rob and I have spent toiling away, all day every day and into the night most nights for the past ten days. He literally came in at 11:30 last night. But where you can see the 'price tag' of this youth room the most is my home. I'm mortified. Our grass is long, our laundry is dirty in piles all over the house, our kitchen is stacked with dishes and the trash is waiting to be taken out. Lori dared me to post photos. So here's me being real. Wow, it's bad. In our defense, we did a great job keeping up last week, but you just can't keep that pace for days on end and not have it start to show somewhere. And eventually it comes down to sleep or clean laundry. which would you choose??

So today we were brought to a standstill on the project. We were staining the floor but it got too stinky for the school that operates within the building. So we went home at 11am. We ate lunch. Sarah and I laid down for 3 hour naps. It was amazing. Rob went back a few hours ago to finish the project. I decided to stay home with the kids and dig out the house. They miss their books and the tv and the toys and just home life in general. They've been so good this past ten days. So now I'm off to shovel out and clean some duds.

No comments: