Oct 20, 2007

Everything's Coming Up Roses






























Wow. So relaxing and enjoying life really worked for me this weekend. See, I had a HUGE weekend going on. We went to a conference in Houston all day thursday and all day friday. We had a school supper on Thursday night and book fair and teacher's conference. Then Friday night we came home from Houston, picked up Sarah and Eli, crammed supper down, left for La Porte. Miss Monique (whom I love and cannot wait to have lunch with on Monday) watched our children while we headed back to the church to pick up the van full of students to head back into Houston for the Casting Crowns / Leeland concert. It ended at 11pm. We headed home by way of La Porte (picking up the kids) and then shuttle students around, girls to my house and boys to one of our student's houses for a sleepover. Got up today and made breakfast for everyone, went to shop for a birthday present for one of Sarah's friends having a party this afternoon, picked out the kids Halloween costumes (Island Princess and Ninja), returned the van to the church, came home and laid down for 40 minutes. Got up and got ready for the birthday party which turned out to be an all afternoon/evening event but it was awesome!

So, as my anxiety built this week in anticiaption of all this, God really convicted me about letting go and enjoying it. (my mother would be so proud) So I decided to give it a test drive, this whole 'chillin' thing. Didn't know if I could do it, but it was easy. Oh yeah, and I even let my house go, with company over. Stuff on the floor. I just didn't sweat it. Cool, huh?

So I've got pictures. From the concert and from the awesome birthday party at the Canno's. Eli and Sarah got to ride a real live pony. It was awesome. And we met some folks, I think we are going to start getting together with them. It was just a great day.

No comments: