Dec 17, 2007

Christms Survey

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Paper, with big bows please!!

2. Real or Artificial tree?
artificial, but I prefer real!

3. When do you put up the tree?
Whenever I feel like it, gosh!

4. When do you take the tree down?
right after christmas, sometimes even before New Years. I get this huge urge to declutter as soon as the festivities are over. I want my house back! :)

5. Do you like Eggnog?
No, I've always pretty much found it nasty. Now, maybe if I was a boozer it would be more appealing. :)

6. Favorite Gift you received as a child?
The year that cabbage patch was big, I received TWO, one my mom made and one from my grandpa.

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes, several. The kids Little People one, for playing with, a Joseph, Mary and baby that my mom hand painted, and a Willowtree one that is high on the shelf! :)

8. Hardest person to buy for?
Rob. He just wants big ticket items.

9. Easiest person to buy for?
My kids, I just want to spoil them rotten this time of year. We were pretty broke growing up, but my Mom always made christmas BIG and I like continuing that tradition!

10. Worst Christmas gift ever received?
A spot cleaning dish scrubber thing from Rob. Sorry babe, it just wasn't romantic. (still love you though and 'A' for effort!)

11. Christmas Cards...Snail mail or E-mail?
Snail, for sure. I'm about to mail mine out.... finally!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
The Family Man. Best Christmas movie of all time! We need to watch that this week. It came out the year we had Eli, about a month before he was born.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I start thinking about cards in August, they are a project. I usually start in October. I'm in trouble if I haven't gotten a plan by then. And presents? Usually October, I'm pretty terrible about keeping secrets. Like right now? It's killing me. If I bought any earlier we'd have Christmas at Thanksgiving!

14. Have you ever 'recycled' a Christmas present?
It's called a White Elephant Gift Exchange and it's totally legit.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Christmas Cookies.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Clear.

17. Favorite Christmas Song?
Don't laugh too hard, "We are Having A Wonderful Christmas Time" by Paul McCartney. Love that song and Rob abhors it.

18. Travel at Christmas or Stay Home?
We've stayed home so little, that I'm looking forward to it this year, but it's still weird not to be with my family.

19. Can you name Santa's Reindeer?
Of course. but can you name the disciples??

20. Do you have an Angel or a Star on top of your tree?
A star.

21. Open the Presents Christmas Eve or Morning?
This is only our second year home on Christmas Day, so not sure. I think we'll do the kids pj's the night before. :) don't tell!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Always trying to juggle money with the holiday extras. blah.

23. Shopping...Mall or on-line?
I did it almost all online this year, because I had some great bargains. But normally I love to shop. It's kind of fun stalking the UPS guy though!

24. Do you decorate outside for Christmas or just inside (or at all?)
Everywhere, but we are still accumulating, so it's light this year.
25. Favorite Christmas cookie?
Sugar cookies and Spicey Nut Triangles.

26. Do you own Christmasy clothing or jewelry?
No, I have a pretty red sweater for this time of year.

27. Do you believe in Santa?
My kids sure hope I do. :)

No comments: