Dec 8, 2007

an update




Ok, so other than my few brief video posts, I've pretty much fallen off the face of the earth again. I think about blogging often during these periods of internet silence, I'm just usually in the car driving or elbow-deep in dishwater or painting a room at church. :)

This week has been so good. We had a rough spot with our vehicles, and it's not resolved yet, but Rob and I have decided to wait it out and let God solve it. So you can keep that in your prayers for us. :)

Youth Group on Wednesday night was awesome. I'm so in love with our church and our kids. I love spending time with them. I am looking forward to what God is going to do with us in the next year.

I've been baking. I spent all day on Monday baking Xmas goodies, and then did a few additional things as the week progressed. I like to have my freezer packed this time of year in case I need a last minute gift or unexpected company comes.

Speaking of company, Rob's mom has decided to join us for the week after Christmas. We are so excited to see her and to spend some time together. Rob will be taking a few more days vacation - in addition to the few Christmas holidays, so we will get almost a week of family togetherness. I think it will be great!

Mom comes tomorrow night. I can't even tell you how ready I am to see her! We've got so many plans for her 48 hour stay! I'm sure I'll be exhausted when she leaves this on Tuesday, but it will be so worth it. We are going to visit the church office so she can meet everyone, run to Kemah for lunch at Pappa's, maybe to Galveston if Kemah doesn't completely blow her mind, :) and we want to squeeze in Kohl's. We've got a gingerbread nativity to decorate with the kids. On Tuesday we are going to spend all day at Scrapbook by Design in Houston and that is going to be incredible. I haven't scrapbooked since my Christmas card push. Which, by the way, I haven't mailed yet. Haven't written our letter, haven't bought the envelopes or the postage! But I've been keeping busy, I promise!

Yesterday we went to Perry's for lunch and it was awesome. I had the chicken Diane, wow, incredible. Probably the best meal I've eaten this year, which really says something because Pastor loves to take us to exotic eateries!

Today we have the children's program practice. I'm going to run around and try to find a few more appliance boxes - good luck with that. And I think Autumn and I might hang out, so that will be fun! Tomorrow is the program and then my mom will be in late. I can't wait.

So the photos... The one of Rob, he was talking to me the other day and I thought he just looked so cute, so I took his picture. :) Sarah brought home this beautiful sparkly calendar the other day, and we took a family photo in front of the tree. I suspect will have a lot of fun photos in the days to come! toodles.

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

Anna enjoy your time with your mom. I miss her about as much as you do . It seems like we never can find time that both of us are not busy. Enjoy and have a Merry Christmas!!