Dec 17, 2007

Good Morning!




http://www.blogger.com/layout?blogID=15567400




We had a wonderful busy weekend. We went to the wedding of our previous youth pastor. It was beautiful. I love a good wedding! :) And I love Christmas weddings, there is already such an air of festivity! I'm so excited for Matt and Erin, if you think you recognize them it's because I photographed them back in October on the beach in Galveston. I was so thrilled, they had a table of the photos I took on display in the foyer of the church. awww.
Then yesterday was a whirlwind. Church was awesome, as usual. I ducked out of main service for a bit to join up with Jr. High Jam for their christmas party, so that was fun. We will be inheriting a bunch of those students into youth next year, and I think that will be pretty amazing, they are a neat group of students.

(I just realized I said neat - and I actually say it a lot - wow, I'm such a nerd like that!)

After church we had a dinner invitation to the Starnes house - they are the family that took such playful photos a few weeks back. Wow, that was an incredible dinner and we had such a good time getting to know them. Marilyn works at the District Office, so it was interesting to talk with her, and she and Ray have such a sweet family. We really had a great time.
Then we scurried home to get ready for life groups. We had a ton of people here last night, served fajita's and chips and queso and ice cream dessert. We had a blast.
Over all, I just love our life here. I keep pinching myself and asking if it's real, kwim?
So today I am doing some more christmas baking, I need to finish up today. I'll deliver some trays tomorrow - my hairdresser and the church for sure. I sent one off yesterday, but it seemed not right - without any sugar cookies or snickerdoodles. lots of candy already though. :) So Sarah and I are going to do that. And pay some bills, and wrap some presents for board members, and hopefully run a few loads of laundry. Christmas is a week from tomorrow!!!

No comments: