Dec 24, 2007

Santa's been to our house...








The children are fast asleep in their beds, dreaming of reindeer and presents and jingling bells. Meanwhile, Santa's elves have been hard at work in our living room! :)


What a fantastic day as a family. I got a lot of housework done. Rob watched Underdog with the kiddos. We enjoyed a beautiful candlelight service at church. I got to sit on the platform, that was a thrill. :) Then we came home and enjoyed roast beef via/ the crockpot - yum! Rob started a fire for us and we toasted marshmallows and drank hot cocoa. Then we sprinkled reindeer food on the lawn and left out our cookies for Santa. Sarah was bouncing off the walls yelling "I hear REINDEER!" every five seconds. Not sure if it was the sugar or if she really was that excited for Santa. They totally get it this year and it's so fun. I'm just realizing we won't have too many of these christmas's at home as a family, and so our traditions are important. Right now the fire is crackling and I can feel it's warmth but it doesn't compare to the warmth in my heart when I think about my wonderful family. I am blessed.

I've got a slew of photos to share, from the service, evidence of Santa (see how he left snow on the tile?) and fun photos that Eli took of Rob and I, photos with the timer too. The jammies were a big hit. I can't wait for the morning!

No comments: