May 9, 2006



8 years BABY!!!

Celebrating the beginning of us today. It was a wierd morning, the funeral and all, very emotional and all. It's always tough this time of year because Rob's younger brother, Matt, died the day after mothers day five years ago and our extended family has never really fully recovered. So attending a funeral and graveside today (of all days) was super hard for both of us. Rob did a great job though, I'm super proud of him.
I was thrilled to squeeze in a nap this afternoon, Sarah has been getting up about six am lately, so I get pretty wiped out long before the day is done.
Kyndal and Nettie watched the kids for us tonight and we went to Florissant for Red Lobster (our famous appetizer and salads for under $20 inluding tip!) and then we hung out at Barnes & Nobles for an hour and some. We stopped at Cold Stone Creamery on the way home for icecream. yummy. A great date. So thankful for my husband, I truely know I'm blessed.
Came home and the kids were awesome. I really do love them more after they've been with someone else for a while, sad but true. Ready to crash, I still need to plan my lesson for tomorrow night.
Posting two pictures here, the first is me and my hubby in our 8 year groove (happy to have made it past seven and the supposed itch) and the second is a picture of the cd cover that I made for Rob's mixed tape gift. I just put a bunch of 'our' songs from the past almost ten years (total) all together on one cd. He was surprised.

No comments: