May 5, 2006


Little Miss Cindy Lou

Ever seen the Grinch? Well, my daughter looked just like the little girl in that movie when I picked her up tonight after service. Kyndal and Nettie had too much fun playing with her, they put her hair up like this and she loved it and kept it!! So cute.

Service was good. Still very much in that intellectual place with God, which I love. Enjoying my daily bible study a whole bunch right now. We really had a good time with our youth, it was hard to go home early - but I am totally wiped and the kids were so happy to find their beds. Rob's still out bowling (or watching the youth bowl) but he'll be home soon.

Meant to say earlier that Springfield was good, mostly. We had a great time visiting our friends, saw almost everyone, amazingly enough. Got a great cup of coffee at Mudhouse. (mmmmmm) Spent tons of time with Kimmie - always good. Enjoyed a great service at Central - endured a tornado warning in the basement (not so good). We also really enjoyed a two hour conversation with Travis and LeAnn. And lunch was amazingly tasty at Steak and Ale. And I popped in on my friends at Forever Memories in Ozark and checked out the new MASSIVE store that CU moved into. I exercised superior restraint and mostly stuck to Stickles and a bit of the arrowed KI Memories paper/chipboard. Pretty excited to scrap, but I think I'm too tired right now.

Very sadly, one of the patriarchs of our church suddenly passed away this morning. Rob will be assisting Pastor Ed with his first funeral on Tuesday.

Speaking of Rob, we saw the dr today and he confirmed that Rob's complications were very rare, but very painful and that it would take "several weeks" before he would heal completely. I have to agree, since it's already been one and he's still in such massive pain. Please continue to pray for him, as the next couple of weeks are insane.

As for me, I just really took it easy today. All of our traveling has really taken it out of me. And I am struggling with my fifth sinus infection since January. Picked up some more claritin today and hoping to fight it off on my own again. Wish I could find something more capable of preventing them. I think the key ingredient is sleep, and we all know how difficult that can be to find with a 20 month old!

Well, off to surf for a bit and then hit the sack when hubby comes home. toodles.

No comments: