May 19, 2006


She

Last page of the afternoon for you. Love this one, saved the best for last. The journaling at the top is an actual excerpt from my travel journal. I literally probably have 40 photos of the Venus de Milo, she impacted me so. Just another naked statue in a country full of naked statues, you might think. I thought so till I saw her. Definitely intrigued me, way more than even the Mona Lisa (another intriguing chick in the Louvre). But this statue is actually hewn from two pieces of marble and they are brought together in perfect union. Actually made me think a lot about marriage, and God's ideal for our marriages, two souls, separately hewn but only acheiving their full purpose (and beauty) with each other - what that flow should look and feel like. It was truely breathtaking.

Plus, this chick totally has a tummy and I loved that. I was tempted to have Mom take a picture of me next to her showing my tummy!!! Hee hee!!

I know the page is simple, but I just couldn't rob her of the spotlight she deserves. Here's to great art!!

No comments: