Sep 14, 2006

35? REALLY?

(currently irate - please keep it in perspective)
oh my feeling old right now.
alright. I admit (openly) that I don't have the best teeth in the world, and that I do have a little roll just above my hips and maybe I slouch when I walk and YES there are streaks of grey at the top of my head. But 35?? Seriously?
I'm sure you're all laughing and thinking I'm over-reacting and if it had been just one individual I could get over it. Today, in the mall, not one, but TWO survey people approached me to do an interview for thirty-five and older women. The first girl I just laughed at - trying not to be insulted. I figured she was young and not tactful enough to find a more appropriate way to ask a woman her age. I explained in simple, easy to understand terms that I was not old enough to participate in her survey. Then I scurried off to the other end of the mall, trying to forget the entire incident. But then, on the way back through that horrible stretch of commons - the second survey lady - she was at least 35 - asked me to participate as well. Well, she was approaching me and starting to ask the survey questions and I just yelled across the mall "I'M NOT THIRTY-FIVE!" and practically sprinted - stroller in tow with Sarah wondering why the heck her mommy (her young, spry, athletic(?),capable mommy) was running through a public place.
I know I should let it bug me, but seriously here people, I'm just getting over turning twenty-seven.
I did, however, find exactly what I was looking for - a super cute blue and brown w/ rhinestones t-shirt. So not something a thirty-five year old would wear! :)

1 comment:

Dreamer said...

ewwwww, i hate survey people in the mall. i'm only 19 and have had them ask me to participate in the survey. maybe it's the fact that you had kids with you?