Sep 29, 2006



Random thoughts from the past few days.
first
I just have to say how blessed I am to have my kids as my kids. Sounds dumb, I know, but when you spend time with someone else's children you realize how wonderful yours are. Eli had a friend over earlier this week. I became acutely aware of the fact that my children have good manners, they are attentive (as much as they can be for 5 and 2), they are relatively neat and intelligent..
You know that scene in Daddy Daycare where the dad walks in the bathroom after this kid uses it? He looks down and makes a gross face, then looks around and eventually looks at the ceiling - totally grossed out? Yeah, that happened to me.
I love my kids.
Second
This new camera. Oh my camera!!! I love it. I'm in awe of what all I can do with it - and I'm sure I've barely scraped the surface. We did the park yesterday afternoon, it's like a spy camera - the zoom is so awesome. I took some amazing pictures from crazy distances. But I didn't get a lot of good photos of Eli, so I'm going to take him out this afternoon for a photo shoot I think. Don't worry, I'll post them!!
thirdly
I think I may have forgotten to mention my recent Relient K addiction. Wow. So funky, guitar-driven, right-to-your-heart words. Very good. I think I have their Mmhmm cd memorized from cover to cover. I love the song "Which to bury, us or the hatchet". Talks about trying to make it right with people who would rather hold their grudge then your hand. I know all about that!
I'm going to stop with the silly first, seconds....
We have a jam-packed weekend with missions convention, but a lull in the storm tomorrow during the day. I'm looking forward to a lazy day with the fam - thinking of the zoo or the Cahokia Mounds. Maybe we'll just watch cartoons all day. Doesn't matter, just looking forward to down time with them.
Almost went to mom and dad's this weekend. Kim is going and she invited me with, but Sarah was up most of the night and I just wasn't up for it. Too hard to do the single parent thing. Plus, I'm always scared to go too far in our car, it's just not that spry and young anymore. (I know the feeling!)
Well, I think the brea is sleeping now. I'm trying to weigh out the decison between a much needed nap and maybe even more needed studio time. I think the art in me is winning. Have a happy friday. -a

No comments: