Oct 5, 2006

(I know it's early but)
I feel thankful.
Sometimes I could just skip right over Halloween and get to the good stuff. You know what I mean? Man, the leaves are falling, the air is crisp, you can see God's presence everywhere you turn. I love this time of year. It just feels good. I have this overwhelming urge to just walk around with my camera and see what I can see through the lens.
Today has been a phenomenal day. I've accomplished a ton - which, if you read my blog regularily, always promotes my self-worth massively. I just woke up on the right side of the bed this morning, hopped out and thought "Let's get'er done!". My today list (a new version of my 'to-do' list - brought on by a oranized Mommy book I'm devouring) has shrunk considerably and a lot of it has been fun. Oh, and I discovered an amazing new (to me) shop today. It's called "Alton Exchange" and most people would consider it a flea market but I thought it was way cooler than that. I found an antique mirror - in really good condition - for ten dollars!! Finally, that bare corner in my living room can be filled. But of course, now I think a little berry swag above it would perfect it!! :)
Sarah was an angel this morning, which almost never happens - contrary to everyone's belief! We had a great time - she loves 'shopping' with mommy. And then, while she napped I refinished my mirror, an old frame of a picture I already had, and painted 10 file folder boxes to match the playroom. Very productive.
But that's not why I'm thankful. This morning, driving home from Alton, I just couldn't help but realize how good life is right now. I love these kids. They drive me bonkers, but they are really good kids. Eli is bright as can be, his teacher informed us after school today that he is reading at an "E" level on an "A"-"Z" system, kindergartners need to be at a "C" to move to first grade. Make sense? The kid's brilliant. :) Sarah is growing out of her aggression, she's very independent and super smart as well. She's talking in whole sentences and recalling past events. Her vocabulary must be somewhere over the 500 word range - I kid you not. The other day she was saying "Budweiser" and we finally figured out that she meant "Bud Lightyear". She has no limitations in her own eyes.
Church is going well. I love my jobs (almost every last one of them). I love the people. I love the youth. I am super-psyched about Momemtum and getting to go deeper with them. Oh, and tomorrow night I get to see Chonda Pierce live!!! woohoo!
I'm feeling really creative, which is always deeply satisfying for me. I feel most alive when I'm pulling things together, creating. Can't explain it, just what I was made to do I guess. (aside - wonder how that will fit into my big picture?)
I love our house right now. It is slowly becoming exactly what I want it to be, each room, each nook and cranny. I am loving the hunt for the perfect accessory, mirror, table, chair. I'm loving that it's taking me time to find all these things and bring it together, it's like a great adventure.
Rob and I are great. Can't believe that we have been living this dream together for nearly ten years now. I have to pinch myself when I think about it. We just read a book for book club called the Time Lottery and the premise was being able to pick a time (and decision) and go back and change it - what would you do. The ladies in club asked if you could, would you? Surely we all have things we regret.
My answer is yes, I have regrets, but NO, I would not go back and change them. I wouldn't want to risk messing with what I have now. I feel so blessed as it is! Oh, but the book was great, definitely read it! A couple of blinding flaws, but I'm picky that way.
Anyhoo, we are off to watch football and volleyball and tennis at the high school, I think. And it's our tv night, so I can't wait. Happy Thursday - what are you thankful for???

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Anna, so happy for you!!! I can't find your new phone #, lost my address book in our move and think it is the storage. Information hasn't ever heard of you either. Call me at 417-239-0816, we will catch up! :P Karen