Oct 28, 2006













Oh my Barlowgirl!

Last night was awesome. Matthew West was good, but Barlowgirl rocked the house. All our kids after the concert were thanking me for begging them to come, it was too fun. Our group is really starting to mesh and I love it so much, they are like our kids, know what I mean?? Anyhoo, the concert was very intense, these girls are uber-talented. Their range is incredible, you'll be singing along to a slow ballad song and then bam - rocking out right after that. Plus they have such a positive message. Watching them just made me want to be a rock star, real bad. I bought a t-shirt that says "Play Like a Girl" and little pins for all our girls on the trip. It was a blast.
Oh, and I got a haircut yesterday. Finally. It's a great one. I went to WAM (Wally And Maggie's) up in Alton and Maggie was fabulous. I had forgotten how much a good haircut makes you feel like a new person!! I've had so many bad ones lately.
The kids slept in till 9am this morning. Rob and I nearly died. Probably the most sleep we've gotten since we became parents almost six years ago! :) Kind of joking, kind of not. Almost nine hours straight. Ooh, dog. Anyhoo, while we were brushing teeth and stuff Rob snapped some pictures. He's really having fun with the new camera - as you can tell. This color intensifier is his favorite feature.
Today. Wow. Big day. Thankfully we don't get going till noon. But we have the Hartford Halloween Parade at noon. Then our boys are playing in the playoffs for football this afternoon. Rob's headed to a corn maze in Godfrey tonight and I'm doing Trunk or Treat with MOPs at 6 and then the town Halloween party after that. The kids are going to be hopped up on candy for weeks to come! Crazy. Our next four days are kind of like that, just non-stop crazy business. But it will go fast and it will be fun and I am just thankful for our life here. God is good.
Well, I need to get a shower and try to do my hair with this new awesome cut and then I should probable choose between bathing my filthy kids and preparing my Sunday School lesson. ah, choices. Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, Love, Love, LOVE the haircut!! SUPER cute!!

K--

antho said...

THANK YOU!!! I love it too! Last night I put one of Sarah's pips in and it was super adorable! She was so excited to see Mommy wearing her pip!