Dec 20, 2006




making a list and checking it twice.

Four days ago I would have told you it was unlikely that I'd finish all my holiday plans in time.
But today I've referred to my master plan, and other than wrapping gifts - I'm pretty much done. Even squeezed in the time today to make fudge for my dad - his favorite holiday treat! I'm going to start wrapping presents tonight, as soon as I'm certain the Blinkin and Nod are really sleeping! :) I'd had to have a certain two year old wander into a present-filled living room!
So, tomorrow I've added on a tiny project or two, and laundry (serious folding/packing will ensue) and then when Eli comes home from school we will just play. The original Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer will be on at 7 and we are planning a pajama and popcorn party. Can't wait.
Originally we were going to do Christmas on Saturday, but now we are discussing the possibility of Friday, just so I can be more relaxed and leisure as we are leaving on Sunday for AR. Can't wait to give the kids their presents - it's totally my favorite part of Christmas.
I wrapped Rob's presents today, and I'm a dork because I added pretty ribbon to it all. I'm posting a picture because I am a dork like that. I'm also posting a picture of Eli with an art project he made in school and the clipboard we cooperatively made for his kindergarten teacher. He drew a giant picture, so it's mostly him.
I've been working on lots of fun projects, but I can't post most of them because they are all gifts. But I'm taking pictures, so maybe I can do a massive Christmas idea posting after I've given it all away. You can save the link for ideas for next year then. :)
Oh, and don't fall over, I actually mailed my Christmas cards today. finally.

No comments: