Dec 25, 2006

Merry Christmas Everyone!





It's a chilly christmas here in Arkansas and I'm hoping the weather will hold up tomorrow long enough for us to make the long trek north.
Eli and Sarah were wonderful car companions yesterday, they played and laughed and sang all the way here, quite impressive, considering it was a 5 1/2 hour drive. I am much of the way through a new book "the Englisher" by Beverly Lewis - it's a very good read. We enjoyed a christmas celebration last night with Rob's mom and her new husband Charlie and step-son Zach and Aunt Bev. It's so good to catch up with family, and remember what this season is really all about. The kids did pretty well in the hotel last night, they had a hard time settling down, but then they slept all night. We are hoping to squeeze in some time in the pool this afternoon or evening.
I have some pictures to post, but they are on the laptop and I'm using mom's computer, so later, I guess.
Just super thankful today for our family. Driving down the interstate yesterday, in our rental car with our cell phone and our two kids snuggly in the backseat it just occured to me that we really are living the good life and we need to remember it, to not take it for granted. I am so thankful to God for all He has entrusted us with. Sometimes it is hard to keep it in perspective and I have a tendency to miss the big picture. Well, not today, Zurg... not today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey... just wanted to say hi... and merry Christmas. Hope you are having a good time. We just got back from my moms and the girls are napping.

I'll talk to you later I'm sure.

Lori