Dec 15, 2006

mmm.... holiday goodness.

It's probably against some internet standard to start a blog post with the word 'mmm'. Is 'mmm' even a word? Not sure, but if it is, it's definitely the word of the day.

If you were to look in my freezer right now you would decide that someone baked their face off. Really. It's crazy. I had to relocate the chicken to the fridge. It's like the inn the night Jesus was born - there's no room!

I say this because I have been baking for days. I started out on Monday - and dedicated this week to my holiday baking. I know that normal people take one day, maybe two, and bake for christmas. Oh no, that's too normal for me. I have to have five full days of holiday kitchen mayhem!

I probably could have finished sooner if Sarah wasn't being such a handful, but she is, so it took all week. I made.... Molasses Sponge Candy, Caramels (the kids favorite), Puppy Chow, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Peanut Butter Kisses, Tuxedo Cookies, Spicy Nut Triangles, Snickerdoodles (Rob's favorite), Pretzel Turtles (too cute!), Iced Sugar Cookies (that was fun!) and last but not least, Raspberry Thumb Print Cookies. I had so much fun doing it!! And my kitchen is clean, I totally kept up with the mess as I went along.

So now I have the next 9 days to catch up on my christmas shopping/gift making and get my house up to par for our christmas guests.

Cool things on the horizon... The HAG pageant is Sunday night - I am super psyched and super nervous. Next Gen's party is Monday night at our house. Sweet! Rob's mom and step-dad and step-brother arrive a week from tomorrow and we leave for Iowa on the 26th. Just today we coordinated a MAG (our home church) reunion with some of our friends from ten years ago. I can't wait - it's going to be a blast. Plus, Kimmie is coming and she's bringing a new gentleman-friend.

Christmas truly is my my favorite time of year - mostly because Rob and I were engaged in December and it was the most magical time in my life. I relive it a tiny bit every year at this time. Makes me wish it would snow though - it would be a whole lot more romantic!!

No comments: