Dec 16, 2006

a new era.

For the first time since we've had Sarah, Rob and I both slept in. That probably doesn't sound like a big deal to most people, but Sarah wakes up (like an alarm clock) at 7am (or sooner, if she pleases) and has for years now. It's killing me - never getting a day to sleep in. And if we do - we take turns and alternate Saturdays and days off. It works out to about once every two weeks I get an extra 45 minutes of sleep.
This morning, our kids got up at 6:45. They came in, begged for breakfast and I told them 'in a minute'. Eli remembered that it was Saturday and turned on the tv. They sat together in the living room (Sarah furnished apples from the fridge - already the little hostess).
I regained consciousness at 9am. They were fine! Isn't that crazy?? They actually got along better without me, because as soon as I got up they started fighting, but they had been fine without us! Now, don't think I'm a terrible mom, our bedroom is two rooms away from the living room, I could hear anything going on. But I was so excited, our kids are actually almost old enough to let us sleep in!! Woohoo! This will have to become a new Saturday tradition for us!! But I think I need to wait a little longer, after I got up I looked around my house and realized all the crazy things Sarah could have gotten into if she'd thought about it - she's usually really bad about the fridge.
So today I'm thankful for two extra hours of sleep. Not sure what do with the day, might just spend it in my studio. :) Ooh, happy thought.

No comments: