Aug 27, 2008

Coming Up for Air


I hate it when I get in downward spirals with blogger, it saddens me. Sometimes life's too busy to sit down and document it and generally that's when it most needs documenting!

First off, today was awesome. Jennifer and I stole some down time and ignored our responsibilities for the day to run down to Baybrook for a little retail therapy. Honestly, it wasn't really about the shopping, it was more about taking some time for us to talk and enjoy each other's company in the absence of kiddos, hair and photos. All things we love and enjoy, but sometimes it's important to just focus on spending time together instead. So we started at Ulta and just wandered around looking at all the fantastic ways to attempt beauty. Wow, that was really eye opening, wandering around a hair/makeup place with a beautician! I feel more glamorous already! I tried the Bare Minerals makeup today. I've wanted to try it for a long time and had been all geared up about 8 months ago to purchase the kit, but it's not available in the lightest shade within a kit. I hesitated and went with PUR instead, which I've liked for the past 8 months, but doesn't cover as well as the Bare Minerals do. Check out our picture today after my makeover and tell me what you think. The longer I've had it on, the better I like it, it's really held up well through the day. I haven't bought it, just went home with a free sample to play with for ten days, so that's cool.

Then we wandered over to the Marshalls Home Goods store to drool over shoes and hand bags, any girls weakness, right? I did find a fantastic Liz Claiborne bag to replace my lime green one. It happens to have a pink polka dot interior with lots of sections, so that's perfect. Also, I found a couple pairs of really inexpensive flats for the Sare Bear, I still hadn't gotten her school shoes. She's actually asleep right now, so she hasn't seen them yet, but I'm sure she'll be psyched!

Speaking of Sarah, she said the funnies thing this morning. We've been working on memory verses and she said "Believe in the Lord Jesus and you shall be shaved. Acts 16:31" hee hee. Rob and I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants. :) I'm pretty sure I'll have no trouble remembering that verse, what do you think??

So Jennifer and I then went to Olive Garden for their soup and salad. That was a great idea. We had this wonderful discussion about denominations and belief systems and the overlying idea that Christ is the only way and maybe all that other stuff is not so important. It was really fun. And the food was yummy. It was a great day.

and we are wrapping up, getting ready for church tonight. I've got a fun game (of course) for youth group. Eli and I are going to play Wii for a bit. I need to work on some paperwork, but that just doesn't sound fun, now does it??

No comments: