Aug 16, 2008

Grateful


Today my baby turned four.


I mean my baby, the one we cried and prayed and waited for. The third pregnancy after two miscarriages - the second child I didn't know if we'd ever have.

She turned four this morning at 7:42am.

And of course, she did it with her usual flair.

the
apple
doesn't
fall
from
the
tree


now does it??



so today has been a celebration of all things Sarah, and really, much more than that.

first off, she woke up this morning. How did we know? At 7:40ish I hear "EEEEeeeeeee!" from the other side of the house. Followed by the pounding of tiny little running bare feet. "thump" into our bed - "Mommy, it's my birthday!!" followed by wet kisses.

every person should be so lucky to awaken to such joy!

Anyway, we worked on food for the party this morning, and did presents, and she took a leisurely bubble bath in Mommy's princess tub with strawberry scented soaps. Then I carefully did her nails (fingers and toes of course) and we set off for her pool party, in the pouring rain and thunder. We set up in Pastor's garage, food and cake and presents. The guests came and after about a half an hour we deemed it safe to be in the pool - even though there was still a consistent sprinkling going on. All the kids had a great time. I think the adults had an even better time? It was so neat to see our friends all hanging out and enjoying each other. I looked around and just realized how extremely blessed I am to have so many friends after just a year of living in Baytown. Even the party itself, happened because of the generosity and creativity of my friends, and I'm super grateful. I certainly miss my Lori's and my Kimmie's and my Kellie's and the Sheryl's and the Carol's and the Tricia's and the Karen's and all the other wonderful people who have touched my life over these past 29 years, but the beauty of leaving old friends is that you get to keep those friends and make some brand new ones. It's an ever-widening circle. I'm so grateful.

Oh, and I'm going to post some pictures really soon, I promise. :)

No comments: