Aug 9, 2008

SATURDAY!!

[singing]

"Ding Dong, the week is done, ding dong, the week is done!!!"

(to the tune of the witch is dead - for all you Wizard of Oz Fans)

This may have been one of the longest weeks in my life. Rob's been gone on a missions trip to New Orleans since Sunday and MAN I've missed that guy! Now, if you remember the insanity we've had this week, you'll probably understand. I would have missed him anyway, we are kind of attached at the hip anyway. I think it was worse this time because we work together so much now, I literally felt his absence everywhere I went. And I haven't gotten a good night's sleep since he left. I just miss him. I'd reach over in the middle of the night and realize all over again that he wasn't there. It just wasn't right. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, but I think I was fond enough.

Embarrassingly, I was folding his laundry the other day. (thursday I think) and I stopped to smell a clean article of clothing - I know, I'm weird. Anyway, I remembered suddenly that I had taken his undershirt home with me after church on Sunday, that he had worn during service. So I quick dug it out and was sitting on the edge of the bed with my face buried in it thinking how much I missed him and how I wanted to call him when the phone rang. Guess who it was? :) I told him what I was doing and he said I was weird. But he also said he loved me. Yay.

I feel like a lovesick teenager.
After 10 years of marriage, that can't be a bad thing, right??



He comes home TODAY people. yipee.

(off to clean house so he doesn't think I'm a slob)

No comments: