Aug 18, 2008

rough day

You ever have a day when you just wake up on the wrong side of the bed??



Yep.

That's me today.

First off, we woke up to a phone call that Rob's grandma (90+ years of age) fell yesterday and broke her hip. She's scheduled for surgery tomorrow morning, they were going to do it this morning but her blood was too thin. Please be praying for her. Thankfully, we saw her when we were home in May.

Then we realized that we forgot to haul the trash out last night, only to find a happy little trail of ants making their way into our garage this morning. The thing about ants in Texas is that you really don't know if they are fire ants until they bite you. :)

And things kind of went downhill from there.

But we did have a good time at Incredible Pizza in Pasadena. We also had some great conversations. And I really enjoyed book club tonight.

I could tell that I was vulnerable when I went to Kroger tonight though. Ham and Swiss made it into my cart, along with microwave carmel corn (hey, it was bogo) and a bunch of $1.00 snack size candy. But to my credit, we are enduring a viewing of Lord of the Rings tomorrow night and hopefully some good 'really bad leftovers' (codeword for chocolate and candy) will make the whole affair more tolerable.

so, good night at last. Tomorrow's Tuesday and I'm fairly certain I'm scrapbooking. Even amongst the mess in my house. details.

No comments: