Aug 25, 2008

First Day of School




It's crazy that Eli is off to second grade this morning and Sarah is starting her first and only year of pre-K.

This morning was really rough. And it was crazy, not that I was under prepared or anything, just a tough morning. I was up early, like an hour and a half before they left. But they were both just pokey and Rob was mopey and I was trying to keep the environment encouraging, kwim?? It was a tough start though, but we got everyone out the door and only 7 minutes behind schedule. That's not too terrible for our first day, is it?? (we have a built in cushion for time)

But they were behind and I wanted to take pictures and Rob was bugging me to wait till tomorrow. I was adamant that it wouldn't be the same and I didn't get up at six am to miss taking the traditional 'first day of school' photos!! grrrr. So, we got them. And everyone left in a flurry.

And then I was all alone.

:)

No comments: