Aug 5, 2008

robots, princesses and all that lies between.

WARNING - This is crazy picture-laden post. I got carried away. Imagine that.






So it's definitely been an interesting afternoon. The kids are a little wired, just too many days trapped in the house together. Thank goodness for the Wii Fit, it's been a wonderful distraction. And man, that thing is making me sore, but I know that it must be a good thing! ;)

So this afternoon we finally worked on a project that has been bouncing around in my brain for a long time. I originally wanted to paint robots on canvases for Eli's room, but he told me he'd like to them himself. So we compromised. I drew them and he painted. And I knew that Sare couldn't handle the idea of Eli and I doing a project and not her. So, even though we haven't started her room yet (and won't till E's is finished) I went ahead and drew some princess canvases for her. I'm so excited about the way they turned out. I feel like our house is finally becoming a home and we are creating some awesome memories in the process. I'm pretty sure this is the most incredible project we've ever done together, the kids were totally psyched the entire time!

I was pretty proud of myself, letting the kids go and do their own thing. I just supervised and stepped in when they asked for help. It was very hard for me initially, but got easier as we went along and I realized that their results may be cuter than my ideas (definitely less anticipated!!). I think that pretty much wowed the kids too, usually I have pretty firm expectations on the way things should be done. Guess I need to work on that, huh?

Anyway, the sun is shining and we've officially survived the storm. Tomorrow is Wednesday and I'm completely totally unprepared, but we'll see, right?

**also pictured, the robot magnets I made last week.

No comments: