Aug 22, 2006






big day in the Thoreson household
Eli started kindergarten. I had a breakdown. (I tried to blog about it but Mozilla Firefox kept crashing on me) Rob became a Reverend. (not like Joey on Friends - this is the real deal).
So that's the short version. The long is that we did the Eli goes to kindergarten thing. I teared up big and bad on the walk there as we prayed together. I of course, did a quick summary in my mind of the approximately 2007 days leading up to that moment and prayed that I'd adequately equipped him for the journey. I probably would have been fine from there until his teacher decided to read "the Kissing Hand". I gulped back my tears and gave him a tight hug, trying to keep it together until I got home. I'm really kicking myself for not having a plan, a shopping day or something to fill those first 8 hours. Sarah and I just kind of sat there and looked at each other all morning - peppered with Sarah saying plaintively "Where's Eli?" and I'd say "Eli's at school." and she'd say "Oh, Eli at school.". We did that alot. We made cookies. tick tock. We cleaned the house. tick tock. We talked to the ENSR people. tick tock. We patiently waited for Daddy to come home for lunch. tick tock. Nap time finally came around and Sarah slept while I scrapped, feeling much more together after that. 2:55pm came and we trekked back to school to find that Eli had survived. Meanwhile Rob was doing his licensure interview - which he passed and now we are just waiting for that slip of paper in the mail - sometime in October I guess and he's officially a reverend. Pretty crazy. Keep telling myself I'm not married to my mom. :) I think about all the years this has been coming and I think we should have a party or at least drive around with the moonroof open. It's an event.
Anyhoo, Eli's dead tired. I'm tired. Being anxious takes a lot out of a person. But I took some cool pictures - so here you go. And I also am going to share my happy scrappy-ing.

No comments: