Aug 23, 2006

Hump Day
Wow. Amazing what a little rest will do for a person. I'm still struggling with allergies big time (I guess everyone is) and a headache to end all headaches, but overall my perspective is a lot better. I just need to remind myself how very much I love my life. I love my kids, my husband, our home, our lifestyle, our church. I guess it gets hectic, but I really love it overall.
This week has been refreshing so far. I miss Eli during the day, but it's so stepped back three years to having one child again. I forgot how much easier it was. Sarah and I went to Walmart together this morning and it was so not a big deal! I am realizing, however, how very empty my house will be when Sarah starts school, but thankfully that is still three years away. I can tell that she and I will really enjoy our days together, and I'm thankful for it - having had three years home with Eli alone.
I've got an ever growing to do list. Because it's me and that's how I function. My house is pretty disastrous right now, but I'm just enjoying the slow pace for a bit. I think Rob is getting worried. :) Maybe tomorrow I'll start to tackle it. Maybe not. I'm in no hurry, the mess isn't going anywhere. As long as the dishes are done and the trash is out, that's what gets out of hand.
I do need to get booking on my sunday school class. It starts (gasp) next Sunday - ten days from now. I need to write a letter and come up with a class name. I was thinking 'Next Generation' but Rob thinks it sounds like we are getting ready to take over the church. details. I thought I'd peruse online at some big churches and see what they are naming their thirty something groups. Not that we are all thirty something, we've got everything from nineteen year olds to newlyweds to married with children and married with teenagers. Now I'm starting to wonder if "the Melting Pot" wouldn't be a better name. :) Still praying about it. I'm really excited, we are going to start with Purpose Driven Life, which is one of my absolute favorite books in all the world. Very excited about that.
Tonight I started co-teaching Friends (jr high girls Missionettes) with Tanya. Oh, I'm so excited about this class, we had six girls tonight already. Very fun. I'll be so glad to get some one on one time with these girls and really get to know them. Things are changing at church and I am excited to see the change.
Tomorrow I'm thinking Hobby Lobby. I've been putting together some 'quiet bags' for church and I need some canvas type bags to put all the goodies in. I'm so (sillily) excited about this project. :) Plus there is a tiny pink bejeweled bird at Hobby Lobby that has been singing my name for about a week now! te-hee.
Anyhoo, off to get some busy work done. I love busy work. :)

No comments: