Aug 8, 2006


new ovens, high speed fix-its and kindergarten

I have a lot on my mind today. We are registering Eli for kindergarten today. gulp. Still not sure how he's five and a half already and telling me unending stories. He talks all the time, as Lori pointed out to me yesterday. Yes, he really does. That is what five looks like, in case you were wondering. Seems like a lot of milestones at once for me, as Sarah turns two next week. We are celebrating on friday and saturday and she and Eli are counting down days to Six Flags - cause we've never been there before! :) Seriously, they still love it as much as they did the first time.

My kitty just came up to say hi, rubbing against my arm and gently meowing. Sarah makes the cutest kitty! She's killing me lately, absolutely speaking in full sentences "I go hi daddy now!" and "I don't like sauce Mommy!". Oh my two-ed-ness!

Lori and Jay took their kids to the zoo this morning, but I stayed home to relish the peace instead. Plus, hauling both my kids to the zoo by my lonesome didn't sound like fun. I figured they could use the quiet too. I've been catching up on paperwork, the 42 pages of required signatures for public school, taking pictures of new scrapbook pages to post and trying to keep my two from destroying each other.

The good news? My antique stove will be a thing of the past shortly. Pastor Ed always joked that it came over on the ark - and at first I thought he was kidding, but now I know how accurate that statement is. It seems like we lose another feature every other day. We are down to two working burners, the timer is gone, the temp gage is finicky at best and the oven itself has never actually cooked anything - it burns the top and leaves the bottom (of whatever) precisely the way you put it in the pan.

So Rob asked me to write a list of what I needed in a stove, since he and pastor are picking it out this morning. At first I just said "as long as it's white I don't care" since my current stove is almond and way out of place in my beautiful red and white kitchen! But then I started investigating online and realized that self-cleaning, large burners, lit oven, a timer and a bottom drawer rather than a broiler are all important too! So I am excited. I told Rob to ask the salesmen about it holding temperature inside consistently - since I love to bake so much. I'm sure he'll do a good job.

Sarah wore princess panties most of yesterday - she had two accidents late in the afternoon, but I thought she did really well for her first day as a big girl.

I'm very excited for the weekend - Kim is coming late Thursday night. We are doing Six Flags all day on Friday and then Saturday my cousin Sara and her family are coming to do a birthday lunch with us. It will be soooo fun. Can't wait to give Sarah her gifts. I love birthdays.

Well, that's about it I think. Oh, except that I forgot to tell you such a funny story from the other day. We've been having some electrical trouble with the dash in our car lately. It will just randomly lose power and then snap back. Well it happened to Rob the other day (and he panicked) so he shut off the car and turned it back on real fast. The instrument panel literally jumped to life, the speedometer jumped too far and wound around the other side, so that the needle was stuck beneath the little needle stopper.

Driving without a speedometer is not my idea of wisdom, so I was pretty adamant about fixing it. I told Rob I thought we could take apart the dash and push the little needle back to it's proper place but we should do it soon before the gear wore from pushing against that stopper. He agreed, but we have been sorely lacking on extra time lately. So we were driving to Six Flags last week and he decided we needed to fix it right then, but didn't want to take the time to stop the car and fix it - as it was already evening and it's an hour drive out there. So we (driving down 270) tore apart the dash and fixed the speedometer, taking turns running the screwdriver and prying the thing apart and driving. It was quite the sight, I'm sure. Our kids thought it was pretty funny. I'm just thankful that we were able to fix it and that we didn't get pulled over. But what a memory! I totally felt like we were in some high drama action movie with someone in hot pursuit and we are jerry-rigging a car. Very fun. Everyone needs a little drama/action in their life, right??

Oh, and one last cool thing. The CEO of expotv.com emailed me and asked me to do an interview with a magazine about why I use expotv. I am super excited about it because I'm way pumped about this website. Here's my latest video, they are giving away $10 paypal cash for every video right now. Such a great deal.

Well, off to vacuum. The exciting life of a stay at home mom. woohoo. -a

No comments: