Aug 3, 2006

Oh my quietness...

the still quiet of only one child, mumbling about video games and the drone of Mario Party 7 in the background. Ten minutes of relative peace. I think I'm in heaven.

Blogging has been on the bottom of the list lately - blogging requires quiet thought and soul searching - tends to not happen in a house with 8 people in it - 4 of which are under the age of five.

I'm doing alright though. I have my moments where I'm tired of tripping over 42 kids while I'm trying to make dinner or fold laundry or just escape for a moment. But I get that way with my own kids. I am really thankful that Rob and I have our sacred space - a quiet place in our bedroom - good for devotions and conversations and just laying down for a moment. We've started doing Sarah's yogurt in our room with us in bed in the mornings and that has been really neat.

I was talking to Kyndal this morning and said our life is like a rollercoaster on a continuous loop. I feel like everything is just bleeding together. I love rollercoasters - but it's not a lifestyle I'd want to keep up, if you know what I mean? Speaking of rollercoasters - I'm begging Rob to go back to Six Flags tonight because the heat has a tiny break and this the last night they are open in the evenings. It would be so fun to get out and ride the Batman and the Screaming Eagle again. Whcich - Eli rode the screaming Eagle twice back to back on Monday night and loved it. He's so cool!!!

My kids are great. Sarah is amazing me, she's so two already. I'm getting things together for her birthday, we are just doing a quiet party at home, but Kimmie is coming so I'm super psyched. Eli is really pumped for school, which I found out registration is next week. He's going to love it, I know, but it's such a milestone.

Rob seems down today, but he's tired and he's one who really needs his space. I'm hoping some family fun time will do the trick. Love the time we spend together doing nothing - it's the best. Well, that's enough for now. Sarah is sleeping and my studio is beckoning me.

No comments: