Aug 18, 2006

deep thoughts for a friday night
I'm sitting here waiting for my hot date to show up. He's still over at work. :) I just dropped the kids off with Kyndal, sounds like they are going to have a great time.
We are going to a football game tonight. I so don't understand football. But I love hanging out with people, so it should be fun. I'm just hoping the heat breaks so it's more like a date and less like 500 people in a sauna.
So done with summer. We did it big time this year, the six flag passes and the kiddie pool and umpteen pool parties. I did not hole up in my house - despite the lack of air in our car. But this bird's been cooked. I am tired of the hot hot heat and ready for cool October nights and changing leaves and pumpkins. Anyone else feel this way?
I'm also feeling a little homesick. But that's probably the crowded house talking - when I get stressed I still feel that need to run to Mom and Dad once in a while. Plus I haven't been home in almost a year now, and that's a long time in anyone's book. Trying to figure a way... It's just hard because we are so involved, going home will mean me taking our not-so-reliable ten year old car on a thousand mile round trip with two little people (also not-so-reliable). I can go with Kim, but it gets all complicated with cars and church and life.
We generally make the annual trek to the fruit farm. I'd be sad if it didn't happen, this will be our sixth year. Plus I just miss my family. I've only talked to my dad a handful of times on the phone so far this year, and we spent a couple hours together at my sister's in Champaign back in February. Growing up kind of stinks some times.
I shouldn't say my house is crowded, Lori and Jay left for Sioux City early this am. It's nice and quiet right now. I took a two and a half hour nap this afternoon and still woke up tired. I think I'm fighting getting sick.
Not trying to sound down, I'm just tired. I could really use a good long break. Unfortunately, mom's don't really get breaks - unless they go to France. Ah, france. :) Looking forward to some quality time with my hubby tonight. Wonder what we'll do for supper. Maybe I'll go play in my studio until he wanders home. toodles.

No comments: