Aug 16, 2006


My baby turns two today...

I really mean that. Barring any miraculous move of God, Sarah will be our last. And she's two, as of 7:47 this morning. I'm always amazed at her time of birth, since my surgery was scheduled for 7:30am. Seventeen minutes later she's in the world. Sarah is my miracle baby, I didn't blog back then, but we had to fight hard for her and I will never forget it.

There's a much bigger age gap between my kids then we had originally intended. I was thinking more like 2 years than 3 and 1/2. We had two miscarriages between Sarah and Eli and I was really starting to doubt whether we would be able to have any more children at all. When I finally got pregnant with Sarah it took me until the fifth month to really believe she would be born - I had just been a little gun-shy from the two previous pregnancies.

Anyhoo, just wanted to share what a miracle she is. I remind myself every day when she's crabby or pushy or mean. I remember in the quiet moments when I'm rocking her before bed or when I'm whispering prayers over her sleeping curly-haired head. I remember when she's laughing and playing and singing and I remember when she's pitching a fit to end all fits. I remember that I promised God I would never forget. I know how blessed I am to have both my children, and I know that if I had attempted to give birth in another time and place I never would have survived. I am truely thankful to be a mom. Happy Birthday Sarah.

1 comment:

antho said...

Amen sister.