Mar 3, 2006

{fussy}

Are you ever just in a funk? That's me today. Been kind of off all day. Woke up tired, I think just from working too long and too hard. Sarah fought against her nap until just about 20 minutes ago. We finally pulled the plug on her, literally. Her passy is a thing of the past, she's a big girl now. Apparently big girls don't need naps, according to her.

I've been peeling strips of green ivy wallpaper down, nearly dreaming about it. Seems like that's all I've done the past three days and I'm maybe half done with that room. Hopefully I'll get motivated tonight after our youth rally and kick it into high gear and finish up. Or I'll curl up with some tea and catch "Convicition" which premiers tonight. I'm not endorsing the show, have no idea if it's any good, but I love Law & Order, so I'm sure it will be. :) Maybe I'll catch the show and then peel wallpaper until I fall over. Sounds like a plan.

Sarah's making me crazy. She's just so insane lately. Rob's really taken to calling her "Storm" - like the chick in X-men. She's into everything and has no shortage of energy. Trying to remind myself not wish away this stage.

One of my second cousins was killed last night in a car accident. Looks like I'll be headed to Chicago early next week for the funeral. I really feel for the daughter of the victim, also my cousin, having to plan her mother's funeral. She's maybe a year younger than me. I am praying for her.

I am happy about the bonus of getting to see my Dad at the funeral. Haven't seen him since October. The kids have grown a lot since then. Mom isn't coming, but I'll see her in a few weeks, so that's ok. This trip is going to fill the time between now and Paris, unfortunately I didn't need filling, if you know what I mean!

We are working on the kitchen tomorrow, some friends are coming over to help paint. Not sure I'll have anything for them to paint, but we'll see. At least it will be good laughs and fun company. We have a busy weekend planned. I think Kim is coming, at least I hope. But maybe not with a trip to Chicago looming on the horizon. (alone with two kids) I can do this, right? Just hanging on for the ride today, I guess.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Anna, so sorry to hear of your cousin. I know that must have been a hugh shock to you. Hang in there, I'm praying for you and yours. K.