Mar 21, 2006






Ver-Sillies and Beyond
(this first picture cracks me up, we all took turns jumping in front of the palace. I got some air!)
Another long and adventurous day - beginning to see a pattern here. We started out seaching for a photo store, looking for a battery or a charger or something! (with no luck). We struggled to get our RER ticket and on the right train out to Versailles. We had no luck finding a place to buy a museum pass. It was a long cold walk out to the palace, and a longer colder wait in line (about an hour). We finally got in and it was worth it. Char listened so intently while I read from our guidebook about the incredibale history of the ornate and opulant palace. Mom photographed every square inch. It was fun. I especially enjoyed the hall of mirrors, an absolute indulgence of technology in it's time. The gardens were beautiful as well, but the 35 degree weather kept us from examining them in person. We returned to Paris after a late lunch at a local cafe. We tried to find Victor Hugo's house, walking all over the districe, finding it 15 minutes before closing - too late to see it. bummer. We then wandered down Saint Antoinne Blvd shopping. I was a successful trip, Char bought a pair of shoes and a pair of boots. I found an adorable pair of shoes that go with an outfit I bought a few weeks ago. I was laughing at future comments - "Oh, do you like them? You can get them... In PARIS!!! (twitter twitter)".

Perhaps the highest highlight of my day was happening upon a Starbucks. You have to understand that we had been out in the cold wet all day and I had earned my $5 cafe mocha. It was worth every penny.

We ordered a pizza from a Lebanese man up a few blocks from our hotel for supper. He flirted with us while we waited for it. The pizza was great, the guy a little much. I am tired and ready for a shower and a good book.

PS - I miss Rob and the kids. Called home today and Sarah's sick. Oh, and I got a chance to blog today. Woohoo!

PSS - We keep joking that Char is going to write a travel guide "Potties of Paris because she's checked out every last one of them!

No comments: