Mar 27, 2006


jet lag?

Cheerio all! So good to be back across the pond! It's 4:30am and I'm up and bright eyed, because it's almost noon in France already! I don't feel jet lagged, but I can't sleep, despite the fact that I went to bed three hours ago!

First of all, I wanted to apologize for my retarded quadruple posting before I left. Blogger kept telling me it was down and I wanted to be sure and let you all know that I was off on my trip, so I kept trying to repost and it would come up 'post unsuccesful' but apparently saved it anyway, so I look like a giant goober. sorry.

What an amazing trip. So excited to share it all with you. The best place to start is the beginning, so I will do just that here in a moment. I just wanted to say first, how wonderful it is to be back stateside. Things got VERY uneasy in Paris right as we were leaving, we were very much in the middle of the riots and I have pictures and video to prove it. I am so thankful to be back in my (HUGE) house with my wonderful and loving family. I'm eagerly awaiting my children's awaking, just so I can snuggle with them some more, I've missed them so much. Sarah seems to have grown a foot and has begun speaking sentences (in ten days! How is that possible?). Her new favorite words are shopping and Char. Eli got baptized while I was gone - it makes me terribly sad that I missed something so big in his life (and Rob performed the baptism) but thrilled that he has made such a major commitment, even if I wasn't there to witness it. Rob looks more handsome than ever and I am more in love with him than I have been in the ten years we have known each other. He took wonderful care of our children and I came home to a clean and kempt house with little to no laundry and flowers (and a card) waiting for me on the kitchen table. Love that man! We were up until one talking, despite the fact I had been up thirty hours at that point. I just missed him so much.

I took 845 pictures. I'm so excited to go through them and send them for printing at winkflash. I'm even more excited to scrapbook with them. Rob is trying to convince me to take an extended break from the house redecorating and take time to focus on the kids and my scrapbooking for a bit here. I think that sounds like a lovely idea.

We stopped at IKEA on the way home yesterday, a random last minute decision, but I'm awful glad we did. I picked up a really cool lamp we had wanted for our master bedroom (but they were out of it last time) and a beautiful kitchen cart for my almost finished kitchen. I'm very excited to put it together today. Rob is taking the day off so we can spend it with the kids. We will be taking Mom back to the airport late this morning. It is soooo good to be home. I love America. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! You're HOME!! =) So excited to hear all about it...the next two weeks couldn't go any faster! And HUGE PROPS to Rob for the flowers!! Way to go!
Love ya~Kim

LC Masterpiece said...

Hey... this comment is actually for Kim... but Anna can answer it too... does your comment about the next two weeks not coming any faster mean that you are for sure coming up for the girls weekend? I hope so... it should be fun... Jay and I are planning on leaving here on Thursday night and then coming back home Sunday afternoon just so you know what we are doing.

Can't wait to hear more about the trip and see all your pictures.

Anonymous said...

Yes, ma'am it does! And let me tell you--I have Archivers coupons that are burning a HOLE in my pocket! hehe K--

LC Masterpiece said...

Fun... how do you get Archivers coupons... i want some too.

The Sermonator said...

Of all the sites in Paris, none were as tender nor as endearing as seeing you with your family the night we returned to the States