Mar 28, 2006


gaining ground... maybe.

Having some interesting thoughts on being home today. Lots of jet-lag, fogging my vision a bit. I slept 11 hours last night (unheard of for me!) and took a two hour nap this afternoon and still I'm ready for bed right now. I didn't sleep well the whole time I was in France, so I guess I am making up for it now.

Working on my Winkflash order, it's 185 pictures. So excited to hold them in my hands, and then plan and scrap them. woohoo.

Never have I been so thankful to be home as I am right now. Rob and I were watching news clips on Foxnews.com and the city is in an uproar. All major transportation means are down, meaning if I was still there, we'd be stuck, unable to leave the city. The metro, the RER, the buses and even the airlines are at a standstill. They are setting fire to things in the streets. I am so thankful to be back in my tiny town where things are safe and sound. The picture I'm sharing here is one of many from the news, but this one especially tugs at my heart because I'm so fond of the tower. So sad to see such a beautiful city in such terrible unrest.

Trying to adjust back to life and central standard time, but it's been way harder than I anticipated. Wish I could just sleep for a couple days and then try it again. :)

I will resume posting my journal when I'm feeling a little better. Right now I'm concentrating on recovering.

4 comments:

The Sermonator said...

Thanks for posting the picture! It's heart rendering to see the places we visited only last week in fuming smoke and riot. Rest up. You've been witness to history.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Anna, So glad that you are safe and sound at home. We were praying for your safty during the riots, thrilled that they were answered. Longer email coming your way soon, change is in the air for the St.Clair Family!!! Give all our love. Karen :) P.S. Awesome photos!!!

antho said...

thanks for your prayers. We needed them. Rob wants me to speak a bit on Sunday night about the power of prayer and how God protects us when we don't even know we need protecting. (gulp!)