Nov 22, 2007

Eden


Strange title for a post, I know. But it's me, so I'm sure you are used to it by now. If not, you may want to find another blog to read... (might not be as entertaining as mine)

I was singing in the shower this morning with a cd that I made Rob for our eighth anniversary. Our song "Garden for Two" came on. The lyrics talk about monogamy, and life long love and returning to Eden within God's best relationship for you. Rob sang it to me on our wedding day, but that certainly wasn't the first time. Anyway, I was remembering the wonder of our wedding, and his singing, and the lyrics. I thought about all that we've lived since then - almost ten years our own little family now. And today, having Thanksgiving in our home with our kids doing our traditions, how we've created our own sort of "Garden of Eden". Of course, it's a little fallen; complete with yelling and door slamming occasionally, but for the most part we have such a happy existence. I imagined for a moment, if I could have seen a flash forward of our lives in those moments when we said "I do." When I just think about what that really means, what it looks like. Wow.

I had a moment.

Right there in the shower.

It was awesome and God is good. Wow, God is really good.

So we did the Turkey thing and I remembered that I was creating memories and we had a wonderful meal as a family. We are kicking back and relaxing now and then in a while we'll have dessert, and then make some ornaments for our tree. What a great day, really.

No comments: