Nov 18, 2007

Youth Convention Recap
















Well, it was definitely a fun weekend. It wound up being me and Rob and four of our high school guys. I was bummed that no girls went, but I certainly got an education on guys the past two days. It was really fun though. San Antonio is an amazing city and I'm glad I got to explore it the time we were there before because we didn't really have any time to check out anything. We drove there, attended the conference and drove home. But still, good speakers, United was incredible and Shawn Henessey, was, well, Shawn Henessey. Every time I hear the guy speak I am more convinced that he has a major calling on his life. Turns out he sings too, crazy good like. wow.
Ok, so a photo recap - lots of randomness hanging out with the guys. There are a couple photos of the view from our room - one at night and one during the day. There's a great photo of a typical Texas sunset - I'm telling you, the sky is bigger here than anywhere else I've ever been! There's also a shot of us eating at Denny's yesterday morning, Rob and I split a meal but we both walked away stuffed. Oh, and we stopped at Buckee's - a famous gas station that only caters to travelers, not truck drivers. Nicest bathrooms ever! It was great! Overall it was a fantastic trip and we had a great time, learned alot and worshipped like crazy!!

No comments: