Nov 23, 2007

photo shoot











Wow, this has been a tough week for me. First of all, everything with Eli. unreal. and then Sarah fell and hit her head this afternoon, she's got a nasty knot and cut on her forehead. Then I came down with the flu or something this morning - it was crazy! I wasn't even sure how I'd get through my shoot this morning without running to the bathroom! But God is good and I managed to make it through. It was pretty cold for Texas - 47 degrees - and it definitely showed on everyone's faces. I felt like it went ok, considering the temperature and the fact I was barely upright. I do think if it had been warmer and if I'd been feeling better they would have turned out a little more wow, but we only worked for 40 minutes and I only took 100 shots, compared to my usual 300. So that makes it tough. I'm still having some trouble with this location and I think I'm going to abandon it for a bit. Baytown has plenty more to offer. I'd really like to focus on working with couples, that seems to be my specialty. It's easier to capture two people in love than a family with everyone having different agendas and responsibilities and a different amount invested in the process, kwim? But I did have fun this morning, despite being sick. I didn't even tell this family, because their kids were from out of town and today was our only chance!
I'm thinking maybe I'm just too hard on myself. I always feel this way after a photo shoot, a little let down by my failures (missing power lines or a prop in the background) but it seems like my subjects are always thrilled with the end result, so I need to ease up a bit, right??

No comments: