Nov 19, 2007

Will You Pray??

Our Eli has had some trouble with staph infection lately. About two weeks ago he started having some bumps under his nose, instead of getting better the kept getting larger and looking more infected. I took him to the dr and they said he had staph infection and to put some cream on it. We did. The bumps went away completely it seemed. Last friday Rob did the majority of getting the kids out the door to school because I had been so sick and was trying to get ready for youth convention, so I said goodbye to Eli and noted his eye being a little pink, but didn't seem worrisome. He's always had trouble with his eyes (blocked tear ducts, allergies, etc) so them being a little red is not a big deal in my book. We picked him up on Saturday night and his eye was looking pretty bad. Rob was pretty sure it was pink eye, so we stayed home from church yesterday. I put warm compresses on it and called the dr, but they wouldn't give a script until they see him. So last night, before bed I noticed he now has a sore in his left ear as well, and the original site is looking irritated again. While we were doing prayers I was scratching his head and ran my finger over a raisin sized puss-scab on the base of his neck. I did some research online, applied the ointment on all wounds except his eye, prayed with him and sent him to bed. I think the staph is in his blood system. This is concerning to me because I've heard in several online communities about this horrible tough strain of staph this year. So please be praying for my baby, will you? He's really concerned too, his eye was bright red and he came into our room crying - he had looked at it and was concerned he would lose his sight! Poor thing. He's studying his bible this morning and we prayed with him again. It's just scary for a little guy. I'm praying for Sarah too, that she doesn't get it. Thanks everyone, I'll keep you updated.

No comments: