Nov 20, 2007

Update on Eli


He's still got a nasty scabby looking deal on the back of his head. His eye looks better, but is still red and pussing. His nose looks almost normal again, just a rough dry patch where he had been so badly broken out. His ear is still scabby, but again, better than before.
The newest drama though, he and Sarah were playing on his bed and somehow he fell off and walloped himself in the head. He's got an egg sized lump just behind his left ear and it's all red and skinned looking. I'm just praying that he doesn't break out in staph in this new location. The dr had scheduled an additional shot for him tomorrow if he wasn't "99% better" and if I wasn't thinking we'd take it before, I definitely think after this new injury he needs to! If we were to have a third bout with this infection... that would be really terrifying. I did some online research and this MRSA strand is really serious, very antibiotic resistant, which I think we've already proven that his is pretty undaunted by antibiotics.
I say all this to ask you again to please pray for my little boy. It's so hard as a mom to watch him go through this. After he hit his head he said "I just feel like my head is exploding all over the place". I think he meant just having so many injuries/wounds on his poor little head. He seems really overwhelmed by all this. Me too. :)
As for Thanksgiving, we were planning on going to Pastor's but with all this sickness I guess we are staying home. Thanksgiving just the four of us is kind of depressing, but I'm going to do everything in my power to make it special. We are all kind of run down here and overwhelmed. I'm trying hard to keep up morale, but it's tough. We could all use some cheering up.

On a happier note, Eli found me making Christmas cards this afternoon and wanted to join in the fun. We worked for an hour together. He made two cards - he's totally my son like that - and we had a blast together. I'm hoping we can squeeze in some more time tomorrow. We are hoping to set up the tree and decorate the house while Sare's at school, it's just easier that way!

No comments: