Jul 16, 2008

ANNA! Where have you been?





Oh, dear reader, I am so glad that you've asked!!

I've missed you all, but I've been buried in a mess of my own making. :) Imagine that.

Eli is at camp this week, and I had the brilliant idea of redecorating his room while he's away. See, we totally blew off his birthday this year (Power Force takeover) and I've been carrying some serious Mommy-guilt ever since. So I decided about a month ago that him being away at camp for a week would be a perfect opportunity to make it up to him! So I bought all the new bedding a few weeks ago, I've been sketching robots for days now, and Rob helped me demo the room late Monday night after we got home from Kerrville. So far I have his room totally painted (walls and edging, even the trimwork) and his bunk bed repainted (a cool red stain). So now I have some artwork to make and the bedding to alter, I'm going with a funky artsy robot theme, I think he'll really like it. So I've been knee-deep in that project, plus we drove to camp and back on Monday. Oh, and I've been sick, of course.

Other fun-ness in my life right now. I got a really sweet phone. It's the Dare from Verizon and I've decided that it's really going to simplify my life, once I figure out how to use it. :) Naw, already it's really cool and I'm really excited about it.

Sare's been amazing this week. We've had a lot of fun. I kind of have accidently kept her home all week for some Mommy time, and that's been pretty special. She's suddenly acting like a four year old and not a 3 year old, so that's extremely cool. I had a really special foo-foo day planned for her with Jennifer, but due to some sickness that hasn't worked out just yet. She did help me paint Eli's room and now she's super anxious to tackle her room next. I need a little break first. Besides, that's the last room of our house to redo! crazy, huh?

I've also been really into listening to Beth Moore this week, her book Get Out of that Pit has been super inspiring! She's awesome. I think I'd like to find a local bible study of hers to attend.

Well, off to make some robots.

No comments: