Jul 5, 2008

Random Images from My Life

Good morning everyone. It's another beautiful day here in sunny TX! Unfortunately, Sare started running a fever yesterday and she's still struggling today, so our holiday weekend hasn't been quite what I'd hoped, but it's been a lot of catch up for me. I guess I needed it! My weekend to-do list was pretty overwhelming on Wednesday, but I'm almost ready for tomorrow, which is something. We are hosting the Missions Auction tomorrow night, and other than donating a ton of cool things, I had quite a few responsibilities as well. It's coming together though, and should be a really successful sale.

So the other day I was really discouraged about digging out of my house. Lately it's just gotten really deep, which I hate, but it's hard to stay on top of everything when you live at the pace we do. So I decided to take a few photos to motivate me. This is the bookshelf in our master bedroom, you can see it was a little crazy. The laundry is ever present.
And here is the situation after I spent a good hour in that room. Yep, that's my ugly chair's permanent resting place because my kids LOVE it and constantly are in it, tipping it, putting their feet up on the wall, etc and I'm just afraid they are going to ruin it. So it's in the sacred domain now, safe from crazy children. Hey, I searched for months for that chair, it's a rarity and should be protected at all costs!

Here is another fun before and after. This is my desk. I basically have been living here the past week, in fact Rob really got on me about it yesterday. It's pretty uninspiring, I need to jazz it up a bit. Maybe a plant in that corner, do you think I'd kill it? (you're right, more than likely)

This is the after, most impressive, right??

Here's Eli sporting a sunburn after one of our summer activities last week.
And Sare wearing my headband. Rob and I decided that it looks better on her anyway. :)
And this is my new sermon/bible study reflection book. I found it half off at Borders last Thursday. Pretty stinking cute, huh? It came with a little felt monster keychain that one of my portrait subjects named "Flower". It makes me happy every time I see it.

So on the docket today... Major house cleaning. A little candy making for tomorrow. Finishing up the auction paddles for tomorrow night. And whatever else the day may bring. Happy Saturday Y'all!

No comments: