Jul 30, 2008

Wacky Wednesday


It's been a long but interesting day.

A few ladies from church and I went to the Houston Holocaust Museum. Wow, that was eye opening. I thought I knew a lot about that time period, but I was quite mistaken. It was fascinating and overwhelming and spiritually exhausting. I'm glad we went though, I think it's important to remember things like that, to study them so they don't happen again. I could probably do a whole huge post on my thoughts from that experience, but I'm too mentally and physically drained to even go into it this evening. I will say, however, that I stored up a lot in my heart and I know that I will be thinking over what I saw and heard this morning for a long time to come. If you get a chance to get to the museum, by all means take it. If anything, it will remind you how grateful you should be for your own freedoms.

Then this afternoon I hurried home to upload videos for Expo. Tomorrow is the end of the month and I hadn't uploaded one! I had filmed 15 of them, but needed to get them on the site. I hate waiting till the last minute, I'm usually pretty retentive about Expo like that. But this month has been absolutely insane - you've probably noticed my posts have been way down lately. I apologize. If you miss it, imagine how much I miss it! :) Anyhoo, I spent all afternoon finishing that project, I just uploaded my last video -PTL! Then I scurried for my game and got the kids off to church for an awesome youth service. We have been experiencing record numbers and I'm super psyched about it! We wrapped up the evening at MCD's with the worst customer service ever, as usual - but great conversation with our kids, so that's worth it. Hustled the children into bed - actually had to hold a mostly sleeping Sarah on the potty to get her to do her business - that sounded better than getting up in the middle of the night with an accident.

Overall, a good day. Exhausting, but fulfilling.

Tomorrow I have two senior picture settings, simulaneously. I can't wait!! It's going to be awesome.

No comments: