Jul 6, 2008

My Reading List


These are the books on my bedside table right now.


Pretty inspirational, huh??

That Deanne Gist book is probably the one I'm most excited about. She's a relatively new author, but absolutely one of my favorites. She really knows how to write a book! I almost did a flip when I saw this book book at the library in the new fiction section. Seriously, you should check her out. (which I just realized, actually isn't in the picture, you can find it here)

And on the very top is the new Relient K album. It's relatively amazing. I don't know though, I can tell they are ten years old now, it's not as unrefined and insane as their previous works. I've been thinking lately that I'd really like to get my hands on some ancient Relient K. I didn't really start listening to them hard core until about two years ago. But they've pretty much been rocking my face off ever since. On this particular album I'm really enjoying "the Scene and Herd".



Also, not in this pile is a book that has followed me everywhere since it's arrival from Amazon on Tuesday. If you are even remotely interested in taking better photos, The Digital Photography Book is amazing and I can't recommend it enough. Plus, it's totally written in real people language, so you don't have to have a degree in Advanced Photography to be able to digest it! It's a very quick read, but don't be fooled, there is a ton of information in it and I'm so excited for my next shoot to try some things. Of course, it's terrible because now I think I need a new tripod and a 85-200mm AF lens, but I was leaning that way anyway! I'm smelling a trip to Houston Camera Exchange in the near future. Ooh, and maybe a white balance lens cap, I've heard that's a handy cheap tool that helps anyone take better pictures. Dude, I'm so excited about photography right now! And sadly, my next shoot is still a week away. bummer.

No comments: