Jul 25, 2008

Lame Robot Photos




Ok, I do need to clarify that these robots actually look way cuter in real life and I just didn't have the energy to get out my good flash and wow you all. But you'll get the idea. Eli loved them. I still have a second spread to do and some paintings. He can't wait. :)

So if you are curious to know how I did this.... the bedspreads were $24.99 at IKEA. I was kind of in a bind because I needed two and of course, I'm on a budget. So I surfed Flckr looking for Robots and drew sketches of what I liked. Then I pieced them together with felt - on a quilt mat first then transfered them to the quilt - spread out on the floor and sewed them by hand with DMC. The first quilt and all six robot piecing took me about four hours. But I totally thought it was worth it and I'm actually excited to do the second one, I just haven't had a ton of free time to tackle it.

No comments: