Jul 12, 2008

Late Night Scrapping

So about 8 months ago I started a scrapbooking group at Trinity. I had a couple faithful ladies - ok, two, and I'd almost chucked it for lack of interest. But after discussing it with Pastor and Linda we decided to hang in there and last night we had SEVEN of us ladies at the Scrapbook Junkie in Webster. It was so fun. We scrapped until midnight and then we were all sad to go home! But even more fun than the scrapbooking, the great conversation that was taking place. Plus they had an awesome playlist of modern worship going the whole time. It was a fantastic time and we can't wait to do it again! I finished two pages, but that's because we yapped a lot and shopped a lot. I found the Creative Escape book half off, so that will be some exciting new inspiration!

Some of these pages were from earlier this week when Lori and I scrapped on the phone.

A fun recap page of our Iowa trip. These were some of my favorite photos from the trip.
This page was a fun idea of using my business cards as the backdrop. I've been wanting to share my card on here for a while. And yes, Sare will be on the next one. :)

I love this acetate transparency from Creative Imaginations. It's super thick and crazy expensive - but I picked it up 40% off, so I felt like it was worth it. Especially now that Expo opened back up to scrapbooking reviews for me, now scrapbook shopping is fun again - since I can review every product I buy and make $10 for that product! I had gone a really long time with buying very little, which was probably good, but it's exciting to support my habit again! And in case you haven't noticed, I 'm really passionate about telling our family's story.This is the first page from last night. I so love the way it turned out. I found that back paper on clearance 40% off and it's actually a velvet paper, so that was really cool. And those pink foam letters STUNK to high heaven when I pulled them out of the packaging, we had a good laugh about it. I was excited to finally use those Creative Imaginations chipboard people, I've had them for almost a year now! These photos are some of my all time faves of our little family, they are super sharp because I used a tripod!
And this was my last page of the night, using Courtyard paper I found on Two Peas for 75% off! Wow, reading this post as I write it, I'm realizing that I have really found a lot of great sb deals lately. I've got a lot of fodder for this month's reviews, which I've actually already done 15 of them, so I'm almost there.
And this is my now-full scrapbook. Lori and I were talking about this, I started it some time late last year. My mother gave me a new scrapbook for Christmas and I haven't even taken it out of it's packaging yet. That's got to be a record for me - 8+ months in the same book. So sad, I've really slacked off this year. So much to scrapbook, so little time.

No comments: