Jul 3, 2008

I've been meaning to share this....


I've told a few people about this free photography course on 2peas. I took it, it was extremely helpful. It's pretty basic, but definitely a great starting place. Now, I should say that with a warning, once you start playing in this direction it may become all consuming. (unless you are unlike me and have healthy boundaries) Lately I feel like I've been living, breathing, eating, sleeping photography. Truly, I've been post-processing in my dreams lately. But it's been an amazing ride and I'm so thankful for having such success and passion in such an instant.

Before this year I felt like I'd been waiting to find myself. I'd put Anna on hold while we got Rob taken care of. And that was cool for a time. (like 9 years) I patiently waited my turn, but I never dreamed that God would just hand me something as soon as we got Pastor Rob settled in. What a gift! And it's so satisfying. I cannot remember a time in my life that I've been so satisfied with everything my hands are in, kwim? It's a great feeling.

The picture is one I took at a client's home the other day. I love Magnolias - don't know if anyone remembers the Mother Daughter Banquet I threw last year at Hartford, but we celebrated southern elegance in a garden of magnolias. I think it's kind of ironic now! Anyhoo, I snapped a few photos of this beautiful bloom in hopes that mine will bloom next year, it's growing rapidly!

Well, I've got church picnic pictures to edit. toodles.

No comments: