Jul 23, 2008

A Quick Preview

(as we are about to take off at 4pm on Sunday)

Ok, so this past weekend was AWESOME. First of all, we took 14 students to Fiesta Texas and even though I'm sure it was a hundred degrees, there was virtually no humidity and it felt like an indian summer day up north. We had a great breeze all day and it got just hot enough mid-afternoon to really enjoy the water park. The only downside was burning my feet on the smoking-hot Texas cement when I ran around flipflopless. Lesson learned. I finally figured out that they had no problem with you wearing your sandals up to the top of the waterslide and then hanging on to them all the way down.

Well, I really need to get to church, so I'm going to throw a few photos your way and then finish up later - probably tomorrow realistically. I'm thoroughly and totally wiped out and I still have to get through a major game night at youth this evening. And typically Games = Anna, so it's going to be a lot of pomp and circumstance on my part. But God is good and He'll supply all my needs, even if it's enthusiasm and energy!
(of course, we had to stop at Bucee's coming and going, it's such a fun rest stop!)
(Me and PR looking spazzy in our specially-bought-for-this-trip-never-wear-em-again fanny packs. Oh, we had too many jokes about 'keep your hands off my fanny!' -- cause we're five like that!)
(PR and his idol, Robin, in person!)
(some well-meaning innocent bystander took our photo. I'm sure he didn't really mean to cut out Banessa! Sorry Banessa!!)
(The Goliath at night - that's a story and I'll share it soon!)

No comments: