Jan 5, 2007

Word of the year.



I read Ali Edwards blog most every day. I highly recommend it. She loves life and her family and her art form and I am constantly impressed with her. Anyhoo, she stared is email magazine/newsletter and this week she talked about a year word- choosing a word as a theme that year. What a cool concept, huh?? Anyhoo, after hemming and hawing, I choose 'love'. It is our greatest commandment - loving God and loving others - and our greatest challenge. I (mistakenly) thought I had a pretty good handle on love, but we've just survived our first year in youth ministry and I've learned that I've got a long way to go in the love department!! Loving people, despite themselves and their attitudes and mis-perceptions. That is what I'm called to do. And loving my two beautiful children, and my husband, and my extended family. Yes, 2007 is definitely about 'love'.

Oh, and a fun picture or two for you... One of my feet. Yep, I know it's gross, but I got a pedicure last night (first time in over a year). Katelyn has been begging me forever and I finally caved. Wow. Totally worth it. And the other is the kids, pretzeled on the floor. Yep, I just found them like that. Aww...

No comments: