Oct 24, 2005

another day...


deep breaths. Moving slowly into being back at home. It started with wake-up, that brutal "Mommy - Sarah's up" at 8am. Wouldn't have been so bad if Rob and I hadn't been in dating mode and up until 2am last night solving the world's problems. Seems like I've just stepped right back in to our life, dealing with our issues. Not to complain, it sure was fun to forget for a bit. But I really think our job situation is unsalvagable. So very sad, disheartening. I'm going to have to cancel Thanksgiving, which will be tough, but I know I can't handle the stress of it, not with the way things are going. We are going to have to tighten our belts, which is almost comical, considering that we barely even have belts to tighten anymore. :) (green cordorouy jackets aside!) I canceled our dish network this morning, just one more bill we don't need. I was sad, cause they shut it off the moment I got off the phone with them. Felt bad for the kids, they were in the middle of Sesame Street. Rob will have to look and see if he can set up the antennae again for us. Those kids watch too much tv anyway! :) -the glass really is half full, I promise-

Eli has his first school picture today. I feel so old. I think it's more real to me than when he started pre-schoool, that classic blue background elementary school photo. deep breaths.... My baby is growing up right before my eyes. He was screened for school last week and I am embaressed that he didn't know his last name that day. I've told him hundreds of times, but he forgets. It's annoying. So now we are drilling it. Important life information in my book.

So Rob and I had brilliant conversation last night. I can totally see where we are the same people who met and fell in love almost nine years ago. (ack, I am old!) We just connect on so many levels. I feel so blessed. One of our big subject matters was how I feel like everything is so bad here, and have this hope that everything will be better in our new home. So then I try and be all realistic and say, is it really going to be better or is the grass just greener??? But truly, after lots of examination, all of our issues are completely situational. None of our frustrations are relational - with long term relationships anyway. Our economic difficulties are a direct result of our career choices (or lack there of), our frustration with our home is purely size and lack of landlord/responsible party. Our lack of friends is due to several things, mostly being no car or one car, and the foot in two places (school,church, and here). I really believe that all of those things will change in our new position and home. Not to say we won't have new challenges - life is never without challenges - but they will definately be different. The major important things in life, the relational and morality issues, we are doing great in that department. I am so ready to shine in the next stage. I know Rob is too.

Well, now I've rambled. Oh well. It's my monologue.

No comments: